Monday, July 29, 2013

August Speaking Engagements

I was at the So Cal Code Camp in San Diego this weekend and had a lot of fun.  There were tons of good sessions and good speakers.  I got to see a lot of old friends, and I got to meet a lot of new friends.  A big thanks to everyone who came up and said "Hi" to me.  I always like to meet new people.

If you want to meet me in person, I'll be speaking at a couple of events in August:

Tuesday, August 6, 2013
San Diego .NET Developers Group
San Diego, CA
http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-NET-Developers-Group/
Topic: Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!

Thursday, August 22, 2013
South East Valley .NET User Group
Chandler, AZ
http://www.sevdnug.org/
Topic: Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!

I've been enjoying talking about Clean Code (including this past weekend at Code Camp).  We take a look at some bad code (some *really* bad code) to see what to avoid.  It's always fun to laugh at code you don't have to actually work with.  But we'll spend most of our time looking at some easy ways that we can make our code more readable and easier to maintain.

We'll also be spending some time looking at "not bad" code to see how we can use a few techniques to make it more approachable to other developers (or even yourself 6 months down the road).  If you want to get a sneak peak at this refactoring portion, you can check out a video of it: Clean Code: The Refactoring Bits.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event!

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment