Sunday, April 27, 2014

May 2014 Speaking Engagements

After getting through a very busy March and April, things are a bit lighter in May. I have 3 events scheduled so far.

[Late Addition 4/28/2014]
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Bay.NET
San Francisco, CA
http://www.meetup.com/BayNET/events/179877642/
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces

It took me a long time to fully understand interfaces. I love showing people the how and why. This is a great first step for people planning on coming to the Education Day later in the week.

Saturday, May 3, 2014
Education Day
San Francisco, CA
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/clean-code-principles-patterns-and-practices-for-better-code-tickets-11345612031
o Clean Code: Principles, Patterns, and Practices for Better Code

This is a full day event with me and Theo Jungeblut. It should be a lot of fun, and I've already mentioned how much I'm looking forward to it.

Monday, May 5, 2014
Los Angeles .NET Developers Group
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.meetup.com/LADOTNET/events/178660642/
o Abstract Art: Getting Things "Just Right"

Abstraction is awesome. And abstraction is awful. The key to success is to find the balance -- to get the level of abstraction "just right" for your application. We'll learn how to recognize our natural tendencies toward abstraction and what we can do to keep ourselves from getting into trouble. This is a topic that is near and dear to me. I've had problems with too much abstraction (ack!) and too little abstraction (ugh!).

That's all I've got scheduled for now. If you have an event you'd like me to speak at, just drop me a note or send a request through INETA.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment