Friday, May 29, 2015

June 2015 Speaking Engagements

My speaking schedule has been a bit light lately, but I do have 3 events currently scheduled for June. I always have a lot of fun. Here's a picture from the Central California .NET User Group in Fresno (from April):


I also had a chance to visit my friends at the Disney .NET Developer group a few weeks ago. It was great to catch up with friends and share some cool technology.

Friday, June 5th
Denver Dev Day
Denver, CO
Event Site
Topics:
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces
o Learn to Love Lambdas (and LINQ, Too)

I'm really looking forward to this event (which is just one week away). It is my first chance to speak in Colorado, and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people. There's a great lineup of topics, so it should be a lot of fun.

Thursday, June 25th
DotNet Group.org
Las Vegas, NV
Meetup Event
Topic: Getting Started with Git

I've had the chance to go out to Las Vegas to speak at this group several times. It's a great group of developers, and it's been great watching this group grow over the last few years.

Saturday & Sunday, June 27th & 28th
So Cal Code Camp
San Diego, CA
Event Site
Topics:
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns
o Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces

Immediately after getting back from Las Vegas, I'm heading down to San Diego for code camp. Code Camps are a great place to hear some great speakers, learn new technologies, and talk to tons of great people. The So Cal Code Camps always have plenty of space, so I usually sign up for multiple topics (if you haven't figured it out yet, I really like sharing my experiences to make things easier for other folks).

I'll be presenting a new topic: "Unit Testing Makes Me Faster". This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart, and this will be my first chance to share it in a formal way.

And of course, code camp is a great chance for *you* to share some of your experiences. It's currently 4 weeks away, so you still have time to sign up and plan your talk. (If you need some help, check out this article: Meet the Next Code Camp Speaker: You!)

I have a few events lined up for the summer. I'm really excited that I was accepted for That Conference. It's another chance to speak somewhere new, and I'm really looking forward to it (plus, waterslides!)

I hope to see you at an upcoming event. And be sure to contact me if you'd like to come out to your event.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment