Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 2016 Speaking Engagements

I have a couple of events scheduled for May. And they look to be really great events.

Thursday, May 12, 2016
Agile SD
San Diego, CA
Website
All the Details (Flyer)
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

This is my first time visiting Agile SD. It will be great to meet a new group of folks (and I'll hopefully see some familiar faces as well). Be sure to stop by if you're in the area.

Mon-Thu, May 16-19, 2016
Visual Studio LIVE!
Austin, TX
Website
o Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

Visual Studio LIVE! is a great event. This is an event that I used to attend when I was a corporate developer, and it really helped me get up to speed on technologies that became very useful in my career. I'm very excited to be a part of it now.

It's not too late to sign up. You can use code AUSPK07 to save $400 on a 4-Day Conference pass. And you'll have plenty of time to talk to me, I'll be around all week.

A Look Back
I had a really great time in April. I got to visit the San Diego .NET User Group, which is probably my most-visited group. One awesome experience happened before things got started. During the networking time, things were pretty quiet in the auditorium. So I gave my 5 minute version of "Becoming a Social Developer" and the importance of talking to other developers. And it worked! People started talking to their neighbors a few seats over or in the next row. It was great to see the group pick it up so quickly. Some people just need a nudge and permission to talk to others. Keep it up!

I also got to go to the Utah Code Camp in Salt Lake City. I had a ton of great experiences there, including some conversations that I'll be writing about later. Thanks to everyone for the great feedback from my presentations where I got to talk about Dependency Injection and Lambda Expressions -- two of my favorite topics.

A bit more locally, I spoke at Agile SoCal in Irvine, CA. This was my first time at this group, and it was great to interact with a different group of folks. Similar to my experiences at the Agile Open conference, fewer developers than most groups that I speak at. And it's great to get some different perspectives.

Finally, I took a drive up to Fresno to speak at the Central California .NET User Group. We had a great time making Task and Await a bit more understandable. After the meeting was over, I had some great conversations with folks who wanted to hang out for a bit longer.

I recorded the presentation from the event. You can watch it on YouTube: JeremyBytes Live! - I'll Get Back To You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods in C#

Or watch it here:


Coming Up
June is looking to be really busy. I'll be going to Norway for NDC Oslo, heading to Kansas for the Kansas City .NET User Group, and on to KCDC in Kansas City, MO.

Other exciting stuff happening, too. I'll be posting updates on that once I've got more information.

As always, check my homepage to get the latest schedule: JeremyBytes.com. And I hope to see you at an upcoming event!

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment