Monday, August 1, 2016

August 2016 Speaking Engagements

I'm back on the road in August, and the rest of the year is filling in as well. If you'd like me to come to your event, be sure to drop me a line. Here are some of the things that I'm most passionate about: Presentation Topics.

Thu-Sat, Aug 18-20, 2016
Music City Code
Nashville, TN
Conference Site
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

I'm really excited about heading to Music City Code in a couple weeks. It's my first visit to Nashville, so I'm looking forward to some new sights and the chance to share with a new group of people. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of my friends from the area.

I'm talking about two things that have been really useful to me: Dependency Injection and Unit Testing. I love talking about DI because I get to to watch the light bulbs go on as people finally "get it". It's not a difficult topic, it's just that we're generally introduced to it completely backwards. When we look at it from the front, it makes a lot more sense.

I also love talking about Unit Testing. Lots of people have had bad experiences with unit testing. But if we pay attention to what we're doing, we can get some amazing benefits from it -- it's made me a faster developer.

A Full Day with Jeremy
If you've wanted to spend a full day with me, here's your chance. On September 30, I'll be conducting a full-day workshop as part of the Code Stars Summit in San Jose, CA.

Friday, Sep 30, 2016
Code Stars Summit
San Jose, CA
Workshop Site
o Getting Better at C#: Interfaces and Dependency Injection

Loosely coupled code is easier to maintain, extend, and test. Interfaces and Dependency Injection (DI) help us get there. In this workshop, we'll see how interfaces add "seams" to our code that make it easier to swap out functionality. We'll also see how DI gives us loose coupling for extensibility and testing. And this doesn't have to be complicated; just a few simple changes to our constructors and properties give us huge benefits. More...

Sign up soon to take advantage of Early Bird discounts.

Coming Soon
This fall will be pretty busy. In September, I'll be at AIM hdc in Nebraska. At the end of the month, I'll be speaking at the SouthBay.NET User Group in Mountain View, CA. And I'll also be doing a full-day workshop as part of Code Stars Summit in San Jose (as already mentioned).

October is filling up, including trips to San Jose, CA for the Silicon Valley Code Camp, to Chandler, AZ for the Desert Code Camp, and to St. Louis, MO for DevUp.

To get details and see a full list of places you can come see me, just take a look at my website: Upcoming Events.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment