Monday, November 28, 2016

December 2016 Speaking Engagements

The year is winding down. I have just one more event for 2016, and it should be a good one (and it starts next Monday).

Mon - Fri, Dec 5 - 9, 2016
Visual Studio Live!
Orlando, FL
Conference Site
Topics:
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods
o Learn to Love Lambdas (and LINQ, Too!)
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

Visual Studio Live! is part of the Live! 360 event in Orlando (6 co-located conferences). There are tons of sessions and speakers on a wide variety of topics. I had a great time at this event last year, and I'm looking forward to the same again this year.

I've got three talks, and they are all on topics that I love to talk about (granted, pretty much all of my topics are ones that I love to talk about). I gave a preview of the talks on a webcast a while back. You can still get to it if you provide your email address: Visual Studio Live! Orlando Preview.

If you're at the event, be sure to hunt me down to say "Hi". Or join me at the Birds-of-a-Feather lunch; I'll have my own table.

A Look Back
In November, I drove out to Phoenix AZ to speak at the .NET user groups. I have several friends in the Phoenix area, and it was great to be able to catch up with them in person.

At the North West Valley .NET User Group (NWVDNUG) in Glendale AZ, I talked about practical ways to use reflection in our applications:



Thanks to Barry Stahl (@bsstahl) for the photos.

At the South West Valley .NET User Group (SEVDNUG) in Chandler AZ, I talked about how to get the right levels of abstractions in our code:


Thanks again to Barry for the photo.

While I was in Phoenix, I visited the Desert Botanical Garden. I had a bit of a hard time there. I'm a very tactile person, and I like to touch things. The problem is that everything at the botanical garden is pointy and really doesn't want to be touched:





A Look Ahead
In January, I'm headed back to NDC London. I'm really excited about this. The event was really great this past January, and I made some new friends that I've kept in touch with. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing some great talks (the talks I'm giving will be great, too). In addition, I get to spend a couple days in London, so I'll get to see some of the things I didn't get to when I was there last time.

Lots more to come. I hope to see you at an event soon!

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment